The long and winding road of taking a crooked smile and giving it a mouth makeover for braces isn’t an easy one. It requires many months of treatment, possible food restrictions of some of your favorite meals, a heightened dedication to your oral health care habits, and many trips to your orthodontist. However, braces are worth it. Here’s why:
– Speech and eating skills can be improved with straighter teeth.
– Your ability to wash away plaque buildup is easier with straighter teeth which will lower your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– A crooked smile can lead to less than stellar social relationships. Everyone loves a flawless straight smile.
– If you have crooked teeth, you could be wearing down your teeth over time from them rubbing together, damaging your tooth enamel and making your misalignments even worse.
– If your teeth are grinding or wearing down over time, they are more susceptible to fracture, chipping, and splits. Straight teeth will align properly and avoid these oral disasters.
Keeping your teeth straight and clean ensures cavities will not be able to harm you. To schedule an orthodontic treatment at Uinta Orthodontics with Dr. John R. Schouten and our team at our orthodontic office in Evanston, Wyoming, simply give us a call at (307) 789-8742. Crooked teeth can be fixed, so feel free to come see us today!